Uma's Brainwaves

Friday, May 26, 2006

Mona Lisa Smile

If people expect me to begin this post with an explanation on why I have allowed my blog to die a slow and painful death,they'd be dissapointed.I have no explanation except the fact that I am finding blogging is no cake walk when you have one of your
own.This post is more of an attempt to drive away the demons of CBSE Result due tommorow than to inject some life in my blog.

I have finally learnt to swim freestyle (Does a mad tribal dance ,gets stared at by Mom and Dad who believed their daughter was sane until now).My day usually begins at 5.00 in the morning when I head for the swimming pool followed by an hour of underwater bliss.When I step out of the pool it feels as if each and every particle of my body is trying to drag me down back in.But as a direct fall out of swimming regularly I have acquired a spectacular tan.I can see the outline of the swimming suit on my neck and back.But who cares? Swimming is worth having a slightly darker skin.

I am in a good mood these days because my Sims are in a good mood.I love that game (The only game I like other than NFSU(More on NFSU later)).Maybe still inside me is a little girl who likes to play with dolls in a doll house.And which little girl wouldn't like dolls that are intelligent,smart,have a multi-faceted personality,get hungry,have a social life,like taking a bath,make their bed after they wake up,watch TV,check their e-mails,pay their bills,cook speghetti and meat balls and (sniggers) take care of their bladder.The gameplay is amazingly life like (Except at a few points like when they pull a book out of nowhere when asked to read in the bed)
and is challenging.It isn't easy to keep your Sim happy and cheerful all the time and take care of their sometimes tough aspirations.For example a beautiful Sim that I've named Arwen has an alarming ambition of going out with three guys at once (Tries and fails to keep a straight face). They lead complex lives like we do (Although I have never met anybody who'd like to go out with three people at one time) and that is exactly what makes the game so riveting.

To try and not think about the result of my exams I have gone on a movie-watching spree.Some one line reviews.

Harry Potter GOF: Slightly less unbearable than the previous movies.

Robots:A delightful,very well made ,light hearted movie with serious undertones (which I'd like to explain some day)

Spirited Away:Mediocre plot but amazing graphics

Erin Brokovich:A strong story about a strong woman.Amazing acting by Julia Roberts.

Rang De Basanti:Stunning choreography,awesome music,great acting,realistic touching plot sans any melodrama,this movie deserves a separate post.

I have taken to going on long lonely walks in the JNU campus to take my mind off distressing stuff.It's beautiful especially when it rains and everything in sight is green,yellow and orange and the peacocks come out and dance.The view from Parthsarthy point,the tallest point in JNU campus inspires me to poetry.The stundents are a lucky lot to study in a campus so gorgeous

OK I think I will finish this post now and go back to chewing my nails and thinking about the results.

Bluegenemaid

PS:I think you all must have realised by now that this post had nothing to do with Mona Lisa or her smile.I figured some title was better than no title.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Send Free SMS said...

Nice of an article. Thanks for sharing.
Funny SMS

Birthday SMS

8:28 AM, January 15, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home