Uma's Brainwaves

Friday, April 07, 2006

Writer's Block

I know it's been a loooong time since my last post but I am not at fault.The culprit is something far more sinister.I have been suffering from an aggravating disease for a year now. It makes my brainwaves freeze in mid air,Chokes up my brain and renders me helpless and pathetic.It's called Writer's Block.
It's funny.I seem to be suffering from this dreadful ailment for quite some time and have hardly done any good writing since 9th so am I still a writer?If I am not then how can I be called as a victim of writer's block?
Till the time I do not face a pen or keyboard my brain frolicks among ideas,thoughts,feelings all crying in my face "Me first! Me first!" Then as soon as I try to bring one of them down on paper the ideas
suddenly become very diffident and shy of the stage and escape from my brain's hold leaving it muddled and lost in middle of nowhere.
I have in my cupboard many half written manuscripts ,some of them with quite a brilliant plot (Even if I say so myself) Alas for the plots exists only in my imagination since every time I try to write it down my writing skills betray me.Nothing is ever good enough (You wouldn't believe the times I edited this post)The story deflates like a tyre on a thornfield.
I still remember my days of glory as a writer.Ah! what days.Ideas,words,expression,feelings,thoughts used to flow like ink from a gelpen.I remember that day in 6th standard when I got full marks in essay writing and the teacher read the essay to the whole class.Creative writing in exams used to be a treat for me and I used to attempt them last as a grand finale to my paper.I still leave them in the last but now that's because I want to avoid thinking about it as long as possible.
Wow I can't believe I wrote that much.Maybe I am getting better afterall....

BlueGeneMaid

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the doctor recommends a dose of reading some new good books.i can see d damage that has been inflicted by paddy.ciao

5:59 AM, June 09, 2006  
Anonymous facebook covers said...

hmmm nice suggestions by doctor. thanks i pick one of your suggestion..

10:13 PM, September 07, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home